Sunday, October 4, 2009

naming things

bristlecone pine is a good name for a tree. naming things. i broke a glass at 4am this morning. barely scraped my hand while picking up the glass, bleeding. i left small bits of broken glass on the floor all night and picked it up in the morning. this thought actually crossed my mind: "if a small piece of glass finds its way into my foot... well there must be worse things that could happen in life." probably a strange thought. strange is naming things. oh yes, i have to remember "thoughts are neither good or bad/they just are/observe them/let them pass." i think i like to hold on to thoughts and invest a certain amount of energy in them just to feel like i'm doing something with my time. but what am i doing other than living in the clouds shaped like animal crackers inside my head ? i want to sit and breathe the scent of bristlecone pine.

No comments: